Tricep Exercises for Women
The arms are an essential part of the body, so they mustn’t be forgotten from any workout routine; women especially struggle with those flabby bits on the backs of their arms, which can look quite unaesthetic when wearing sleeveless shirts or dresses. We also need our arm strength, and the only way to improve it is by exercising, at home or at the gym. Other sports activities are just as recommendable for maintaining a fit body, but most of them don’t do much for the arms; take running, for example: it is very suitable in working out your entire body, but there’s not much exertion for your arms.
The tricep exercises for women that we are going to present here will help you tone your arms and elongate the muscles, making them leaner and fitter. You will be able to wear sleeveless clothes without feeling ashamed of your arms; your posture will also improve, so you will look twice as better and compliments will start coming your way. Most of these tricep exercises for women can be performed at home, but you will need to invest in some gear, such as dumbbells and a stability ball. Fortunately, you can use this equipment for various other workouts and exercises as well, for different groups of the body, so your investment will be worth it. Otherwise, you can get a gym membership and find all the equipment you need there.
Doing a bit of warm-up before any type of workout, or even exerting physical labor is essential, as it will help you perform better and avoid injuries. That being said, here are some tricep exercises for women that you can try:
- The one-arm press – Lay on one side, placing the arm under you on the other shoulder; keep your body aligned and bend the knees a bit, to gain stability. Now put the palm of your other hand on the floor and push yourself against it, until the arm is completely straight; you should perform ten or twelve repetitions of this, and then move to the other side.
- Stability-ball push-up – Stay in a push-up position, with the tips of your feet on the stability ball; make sure you sit comfortably and that your arms are perfectly stretched under you, a bit closer than shoulder-width. Now perform ten or twelve repetitions of the movement, bending your elbows at about ninety degrees.
- Dumbbell skull crusher – Lie back on a stability ball, with your feet firmly placed on the ground. Take a dumbbell in each hand and raise both hands above your head, arms stretched; now bend your elbows to ninety degrees, so your forearms are parallel to the ground, then raise them back up again. This counts as one repetition, and you should perform 10 or 12.
- Overhead extension – Stand up, holding one dumbbell in both hands, raise above your head; hold the dumbbell vertically, so your arms are closer together; slowly bend your elbows and lower the dumbbell behind your back, then raise them back up again as high as you can. Perform 10 or 12 repetitions of this and your triceps muscles will leaner and fitter in no time.
- One-arm kickback – Bend over a bench, placing your right knee and your right palm on its surface; hold a dumbbell in your left hand, and make sure your body is parallel with the bench and floor. Let your hand hang down, then bend your elbow and raise it at 90 degrees; repeat this movement 10 or 12 times, then switch to the other side. Remember to keep your back straight and your abs tightened, and you’ll also help other areas of your body.
If you perform these tricep exercises for women four or five times a week your physical condition will improve considerably; moreover, these exercises don’t eat up too much of your time and they don’t require special preparation, so you can perform them whenever you find the time.