Good Workout Routines for Pear-Shaped Bodies
When choosing a workout routine women can guide themselves after their body types, and find a method that helps them tone their bodies in those areas that need it more. There are at least four main types of bodies: pear-shaped, straight, curvy and athletic. The first refers to bodies where the lower part is wider than the upper part; straight bodies have about the same width all over, curvy bodies are wider on top and the bottom and thinner in the middle, and athletic bodies are wider on top, with wider shoulders.
Good Workout Routines for Pear-Shaped Bodies picture
In what follows we are going to show you some good workout routines for the first category, that of pear-shaped bodies. The aim of this particular routine is to thin down your hips, obliques, glutes and legs, but the arms and shoulders as well, which are generally more difficult to tone on pear-shaped bodies. Perform the following exercises for three weeks before raising the number of repetitions indicated with each of them, so your progress will be constant. Remember to do a warm-up routine for at least five minutes before each exercising, and to drink lots of water before and after.
- Lift-off lunges – You will need two medium-sized dumbbells for this exercise. Stand up with your feet apart and hold the dumbbells at shoulder height. Bend your arms at the elbows with palms facing forward. Lift your right foot at 90 degrees and take a big step forward and lower yourself until each knee forms a 90 degree angle. Apply pressure into your right leg and push yourself back up, then immediately raise your left leg at hip height and your hands up above your head. Return to your initial position, then repeat the same movement starting with the left leg. This exercise should be repeated at least ten times in the beginning, and every three weeks the number can be increased.
- Scissor jump – Stand with your right leg slightly forward, and the left one behind, resting on your toes. Keep your hands straight in front of you or on each side of your body, aligned with your shoulders. While you bend your right knee, your left knee will approach the floor; when it nearly touches it, jump rapidly and switch the position of your legs and bend the left knee so your right foot’s knee almost touches the floor. This counts as one repetition, and you should perform at least ten or fifteen without breaks between movements.
- Push-up and leg raise – You will need an exercise ball for this, but it will be totally worth it. Sit in a push-up position, with your shins firmly and stably placed on the ball. Bend your elbows while keeping your body aligned, then go back up. Now immediately squeeze your glutes and raise the right leg.Lower it back, and then lift the left leg. This is one repetition and you should perform ten or twelve, each followed by a double extension.
- Dip and knee raise – Sitting on the edge of a bench, grip it firmly with your hands; slide in front of the bench and keep your legs stretched in front of you, resting on the heels. While you bend your knees and tighten your abs, bend the right knee and bring it towards you; go back up again, then repeat the same movement with your left leg. Perform ten repetitions and make sure you mostly use the strength of your arms.
- Triangle lat raise – Hold a dumbbell in your left arm; put your right foot forward and bend it, while the left leg goes backward, with the foot pointed outward, perpendicular with the rest of the body. For stability, place your right forearm on the right leg and keep your left arm extended downward. Now squeeze your shoulder blades together and lift the left arm until it reaches your shoulder height. Perform this exercise ten times, then switch to the other arm.
These good workout routines will help women with pear-shaped bodies. In just a few weeks your body will be leaner and toned and this will be true not only of the lower part, but of your arms, triceps, and shoulders as well. There are many other good workout routines as well, and we encourage you to look for them and complete your training.