Fitness Workouts for Men
Summer is almost here and women aren’t the only ones interested in getting a body worthy of showing at the beach. Whether you’re into swimming or not, having a fit body is not just about looking good, but about feeling good and being healthy. There are many fitness workouts for men out there, you just have to decide what you think is best for you, and what type of exercising you think will be more effective in your case. Something else you need to be aware of is that the male body is made for gaining muscle, so if you insist you will have an enviable body in just a few months.
Fitness Workouts for Men picture
In this article we are going to present you some fitness workouts for men that work your entire body; this means that they are not comprehensive workouts so you need to include them in a larger variety of exercises. We were talking about the large variety of exercises available precisely because everyone has to find something that they not only enjoy doing, but that work for them as well. Try the following exercises and see which of them are the best for you:
- Dumbbell bench press – Find two dumbbells of reasonable weight for you and hold one in each hand. Now lie on a bench with your spine and head aligned and your feet on each side of the bench. Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells at shoulder level. Now, squeezing your arms muscles, push both dumbbells upwards, straightening your arms. Lower the weight slowly and repeat the exercise for ten times at least.
- Body-weight rows – In order to perform this exercise you will need a stable bar fixated at about waist height. Grab it with your hands palms down and arms slightly wider that shoulder width. Let your arms get completely stretched and push your legs forward so your body hangs straight under the bar. Keep your feet together. Now start pulling yourself toward the bar as if you were doing some reversed push-ups and remember to keep your shoulder blades together. Perform ten or fifteen repetitions.
- Jumping jacks – Stand straight up with your arms around your body; jump and spread your legs and at the same time lift your arms above your body until they touch. Return to the initial position and repeat this for about fifty times.
- Mountain climber – Sit in a push-up position; as you sit there with your back straight, lift your right leg and bring the knee towards the front. Lower it back and repeat the same movement with your left leg. Each leg should get 25 repetitions of this difficult exercise.
- Pull-ups – Now you need to be standing in front of a pull-up bar. Grab it with both hands palms down and try to lift your chest above the bar; interlock your ankles to gain more stability as you raise yourself and don’t let your feet touch the ground between repetitions. You should repeat this exercise 25 times, and if you want more of a challenge try lifting yourself with your back to the bar.
- Box jumps – Try finding a sturdy box or stool that isn’t higher than 25 centimeters; sit straight in front of it and using only your body strength, jump with your feet directly on it; jump back down and repeat for 25 jumps.
As you can see, there is a large and interesting variety of exercises which you can include in your fitness workouts for men. Some of them require equipment, others don’t; some can be too difficult or impossible for beginners, but anyone can come to find them useful and effective with a bit of training and determination.